Introducing Grounding – Your Healing Superpower!
“Get yourself grounded and you can navigate even the stormiest roads in peace.” – Steve Goodier
When you’re heartbroken and you need to heal, there’s one simple action that can work wonders for your holistic recovery, and the best thing? It’s free, it’s easy, and it has powerfully positive effects. In fact, this one simple healing method is so effective that many people consider it a Healing Superpower. Yes, I’m talking about Grounding (sometimes referred to as Earthing) and it can help you soothe your sore heart today!
What is Grounding?
So, what is grounding? Grounding is a way of reconnecting with your inner self and the energy of the earth so that you can centre yourself in the present moment. This serves to help your healing across different levels but has two main ways of helping you when you feel heartbroken.
First, by coming back to your Self you bring your emotional state into what’s happening in the moment, rather than thinking about past or future events. This can be enormously helpful when you are spending too much time dwelling on your breakup or worrying about the future.
The second way grounding is effective is when you actually connect to the energy of the earth to draw healing and nourishment. This is more than simply talking about a spiritual or emotional experience though! Grounding in this sense means literally connecting with the bioelectrical energy of the earth by reconnecting with nature.
“It is my conclusion that the human mind and body is essentially a single cell rechargeable battery that is charged from the atmospheric DC voltage and the Earth.” ― Steven Magee
Do you remember being young and running outside barefoot? Or wanting to touch the soil and climb trees? We might put those down to just kids playing, but children are often far more in tune on what their body and mind need to holistically heal and thrive – and naturally gravitate towards grounding via playing outside and interacting with the natural world.
As adults we tend to lose this connection because we spend so much time in front of screens, in offices or being so busy we forget to connect to the earth. But grounding is a powerful way of reminding you of your connection, as well as being immensely healing!
Grounding has physical benefits that include:
- Decreased levels of inflammation
- Reduced levels of pain
- Improved circulation
- Lower stress
- Better sleep
As well as other benefits that include:
- Balanced cortisol level, especially at night
- Improved cardiovascular function
- Normalized muscle tension
- Faster recovery from muscle strain
- Reduced free radicals in the body
- Increased energy levels in the day
How can Grounding Help with Heartbreak?
As you can see from the impressive list of benefits grounding provides, this is a powerful way to address many of the physical symptoms that you are probably experiencing when your heart has been broken. If you are suffering from insomnia, lack of energy, a build-up of tension and cortisol and many other effects of stress and pain – grounding is for you.
Because grounding connects you to the energy of the earth and centres you in the present moment it can relieve your feelings of anxiety, depression and grief at your breakup and help to strengthen and calm your mind – perfect for when heartbreak is threatening to take the reins and lead you into a spiral of depression. If you want to find out more about the amazing powers of grounding this is a fantastic video to watch for more about how grounding can support you physically, mentally and emotionally.
For now, though, let’s get straight how you can start to use this healing superpower right away!
So, How do you Ground?
The simplest things in life are often the most effective. The best way for you to experience the physical benefits of grounding is – to get outside and get your feet onto the earth.
Get Your Bare Feet On!
Even as little as 15 minutes of placing your bare feet on the earth can have incredible effects on your physical and emotional state. The absolute best way to ground is to get outside in nature – go for a walk in the woods, take your shoes off at the beach, or just put your feet flat on the grass in your garden.
The important part is to ensure you are connected without modern shoes – which are usually made from insulating materials that don’t allow the earth’s energy to be conducted – off your feet.
If you can’t get outside – Don’t worry!
Being outside with your bare feet on the ground will get you the most effective results, but there are plenty of other ways to ground that you can do if you can’t get outside.
- Get in the sun – even inside. If you can get in a ray of sunshine, or better still open a window or go out onto a balcony, this can help you to ground. Even if you’re indoors bare feet is better. Let the sun hit your body and visualize the bright, healing light entering your body and travelling all the way down to your feet, and then connecting to the earth’s core.
- Connect to nature. Any way that you can connect to the healing power of Mother Nature will help you to ground yourself and draw strength and calm. So even going outside for short bursts and connecting with nature can help. Stand in the rain, sit on a park bench, or take the time to appreciate any natural elements around you.
- Bring nature to you. If you really can’t connect in the above ways and you live in a built-up area, you can still ground by bringing nature to you. Get a large planter box and fill it with earth. Plant flowers or herbs on window boxes and spend time appreciating and connecting with them.
- Choose healthy grounding food. Eating nourishing food that is grown as naturally as possible – without pesticides or growth hormones for example – is a powerful way of connecting with the earth. When you take the time to cook and mindfully eat healthy foods, grown naturally, you are literally putting the vibrancy of the earth’s healing and growing properties into your body.
Using Sound Healing & Meditation to Ground
Getting outside and connecting to the power to earth can work wonders for your physical, emotional and spiritual health. But, there might be some instances where you need to receive the healing power of the earth via other methods. One way to ground is to meditate and visualize connecting to the earth using guided imagery or your own imagination.
Another very powerful way to ground is to receive Sound Healing via frequencies that are specially designed to resonate with the tones and energy of earth’s healing vibrations. Did you know that the energy of the earth has a particular frequency, which is 7.83 hertz – the same frequency our brains emit during restorative sleep?
Using a Sound Healing frequency that aligns you with this special vibration via healing tones can also help you to get the benefits of grounding. In fact, it’s why I created a special Grounding Frequency as part of the Heartbreak Triage program. If you’d like to experience a frequency from the program for free just click here.